Friday, September 25, 2009

Trucker denies guilt in 10-death crash

76 Year Old Donald Leroy Creed of Willard, Mo told a Miami, Ok judge today he wasn’t guilty of killing 10 people in a accident that involved his Associated Wholesale Grocers truck on June 26th. Mr. Creed said he had no idea what happened to cause a group of cars that were stopped in a backup due to another accident to end up under his truck. I for one was relieved to see the area residents for the most part supporting the trucker. Some say the support comes from him being an older person. As of this far the only evidence being released is that he ended a 22 Minute cell phone call 8 minutes before the impact. Highway Patrol investigators said his cruise was set on 71 at the time of impact, which the turnpike speed limit is 75. I will start by saying this is very sad that so many people lost their lives. I wasn’t there when the accident took place but I have driven a truck for over 10 years and have seen times when I could have been in this same spot. Back in May I was east bound on I-70 coming thru Columbia Mo when a young lady switched lanes only leaving less than 2 car links between me and her and slamming her brakes on to make a exit ramp, I was able to slam on my breaks fully loaded and turn right off the shoulder to avoid missing her. I am without doubt I would have killed her had I not of done so. I have seen stuff like this happen time after time in my years. And if this is the kind of thing that happened to Mr. Creed it isn’t right. I’ve personally known a few guys over the years that did unfortunately take a life while driving a truck and it breaks my heart to see the hell and torment these guys go through always wondering what they could of done different. I for one will pray for Mr. Creed because no matter what Judge in Miami, Ok does to him he will always have that heart ache inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment